Hey! Looking to get involved in adaptive sports? Check out some local and national organizations that would love to help!
- Challenged Athletes Foundation – “To provide opportunities and support to people with physical challenges, so they can pursue active lifestyles through physical fitness and competitive athletics. The Challenged Athletes Foundation believes that involvement in sports at any level increases self-esteem, encourages independence and enhances quality of life.”
- CAF is known for their Access For Athletes Grant Program which assists in purchasing adaptive equipment and activities for people with disabilities.
- Disabled sports USA – “Disabled Sports USA’s mission is to provide national leadership and opportunities for individuals with disabilities to develop independence, confidence, and fitness through participation in community sports, recreation and educational programs.”
- VA Adaptive Sports – “Disabled Veterans of all ages and abilities report better health, new friendships and a better quality of life when participating in adaptive sports. Disabled Veterans who are physically active simply have more fun!”
- AccessSport America (Acton, MA) – “AccesSportAmerica adapts sports that the most agile of athletes can find challenging. Each sport involves sustained physical exertion while promoting better conditioning. Our sports are often viewed as challenging but we ensure success and a degree of independence for everyone.”
- Water Sports: Windsurfing, Rowing, Canoeing, Stand-Up-Paddling, Surfing, Kayaking
- Other Sports: Cycling, Soccer, Tennis, Personal Training
- Adaptive Climbing Group (Somerville, MA) – “Adaptive Climbing Group is a community for people with disabilities to have opportunities to inclusively participate in the sport of climbing. Adaptive Climbing is taking the already existing abilities of a person and helping them participate in the sport.”
- Adaptive Sports New England (Boston, MA) – “The mission of Adaptive Sports New England is to increase participation in sports among youth and young adults with visual and mobility impairments in the New England area.”
- New England Disabled Sports (Lincoln and Bretton Woods, NH) – “What do YOU want to do today? NEDS offers athletes an extensive selection of summer and winter programs for individuals looking for recreation, as well as aspiring competitive athletes of all ages and disabilities.”
- Northeast Passage (Durham, NH) – “Northeast Passage empowers individuals with disabilities to define, pursue, and achieve their Therapeutic Recreation and Adaptive Sports goals.”
- Competitive Sports: Power Soccer, Quad Rugby, Sled Hockey
- Recreational Sports: Archery, Boccia, Cycling, Golf, Hiking, Nordic Skiing, Paddling, Water Skiing
- Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers (Eastern MA) – “Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers support individuals of all abilities in leading active healthy lives through participation in adaptive sports programs.”
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us here and we’ll help you find the right fit!